Join Our Team
We're always looking for great people. Success flows from there. At What’s Up Interactive, every day is different and every client's needs require creative thinking. We're focused on collaboration and tearing down the silos that prevent us from delivering with the client in mind.
We look for new team members who embody our values:
- Integrity: We will do what we say we will do.
- Collaborative: We will support and respect each other.
- Urgency: We will be responsive to our team and to our customers.
- Proactive: We will anticipate and prevent problems.
- Continuous Learners: We are enthusiastic about personal and professional growth.
Are you passionate about web strategy, technology or marketing? Can you excel in a team environment? We want to hear from you.
If you don't see a position listed on the left of this page that suits you best, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
PHP Developer, Full Time
What’s Up Interactive is always looking for great people. We are currently in search of a self-motivated back-end web developer proficient in custom PHP/MySQL development and CMS implementation with Joomla and/or Drupal. The ability to elegantly juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, digital agency environment while collaborating effectively with team members is a must.
- PHP back-end and MySQL coding and implementation to deliver quality solutions for various clients, create new features, maintain existing features, and develop new applications
- Troubleshoot pre-existing PHP code
- Build custom CMS components in Joomla, Drupal and other open source CMS platforms
- Develop test case and use cases for various development projects
- QA and de-bug PHP and MySQL applications
- Help maintain code library and version control system
- Client-facing web applications support
- Support integration with external applications
- On-going maintenance and support of applications after deployment
- Strong PHP back-end development experience
- Linux/Apache administration
- Data modeling using MySQL
- PHP framework experience utilizing MVC design patterns
- Strong attention to detail
- Open source development experience in a web development environment
- Experience with source code management systems (Subversion)
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Build and maintain Zend framework applications
- Code and test for multiple browsers
- MySQL administration is a plus
- Amazon EC2 experience is a plus
- iOS development experience a plus
- 3-plus years of solid LAMP development for web applications
- 1-plus year of PHP 5 experience
- 2-plus years of Object Oriented programming
- MySQL experience (at least 2 years)
- A familiarity with MVC architectures
- Commitment to working in a collaborative, team environment
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Problem solving
- Interacting successfully with business (non-technical) users
- Communicating in business language as well as technical terms
- Requirements gathering
- Attention to detail
Account Executive, Full Time
What's Up Interactive is always looking for great people. Right now, we have a specific need for a skilled account executive with a minimum five years with an interactive agency or in the interactive marketing department of a company.
Success in this role requires:
- An understanding of effective interactive marketing strategies created from the customer's point of view: How can Web sites, email, video, audio, search and social grow a client's business?
- The ability to work collaboratively with the operations team
- An attention to detail
- A proactive approach where we are taking the lead in solving clients' business challenges
The business development role will include both company generated leads (roughly 50 percent) and leads that the account executive uncovers (50 percent) through networking, cold calling, reviewing past client relationships that have since ended and increasing the relationship with existing clients.
The account executive will also be responsible for managing the relationship with an existing number of current clients.
In this process, the account executive is responsible for:
- Finding the business opportunities
- Gathering information about the client's business challenges
- Working with the What’s Up Interactive team to create a strategy to address the challenges
- Developing the proposal by working with our ops team
- Negotiating the arrangement, closing the business
- Maintaining the relationship throughout development of the project and after launch
This is a full-time position with base plus commission and benefits. What's Up Interactive is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Front End Web Developer, Full Time
If you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, always interesting company littered with a fair share of creative types, nerds, Star Wars fans, intellectuals, geniuses and free spirits, then What’s Up Interactive is interested in hearing from you. We are seeking the talents of a kick-ass front-end developer for web and mobile applications. If you love cats, even better. If you love dogs, that’s OK too. If clean code gives you chill bumps, please call us! If you want to join one of the best interactive marketing agencies in the Southeast, then submit your application.
Here’s what you need to be able to do so we don’t throw your application in the trash:
- Fit our culture. How? Take a look at the five guiding principles (see:"Join Our Team"). If any of these don’t apply to you, then don’t apply for this job. It’s that simple.
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Have advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI.
- Adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Work collaboratively with team members to integrate HTML templates into a CMS. If you don’t play well with others, please do not waste our time.
- Be able to write step-by-step testing scripts for use in QA of projects.
- Be able to produce HTML email templates for use in client email marketing campaigns.
- Be a problem solver. We don’t have issues, only opportunities; so if you are solutions-oriented, this is your place.
- Be able to participate in client discussions surrounding technical best practices and identify and articulate solutions.
- Be proactive, listen to our clients and your teammates and be great at what you do.
- Be passionate about what you do! If front-end development is just a hobby and not an obsession, this position may not be for you.
Have experience with and understand:
- Standards-compliant code
- CSS systems to compile style files such as SASS (experience with CodeKit is a plus)
- PHP include function to manage common elements
- Subversion (SVN) or other version control system
- Analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics and Omniture
- SEM and SEO
- Integrating HTML/CSS into .NET environments
- Work with the operations, sales, and design teams in a deadline-driven environment to deliver on-time, in-scope projects for our awesome clients.
- Basic knowledge of both PHP and .NET back-end programming. You have to know what your teammates are up against.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of a common CMS such as WordPress or Drupal
The other stuff:
Having a formal education is a plus (Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline) but it isn’t required. So if you don’t have a degree but can rock this job, don’t shy away.
Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position. This is required. Why? Because we have awesome clients and we don’t want you cutting your teeth on them. You have to be able to drop some knowledge out of the gate.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org